Making a lifestyle change to stay healthier is always a challenge. There are so many reasons NOT to make a change. After all, most people get frustrated and demotivated to work out, to watch what they eat, to take out time to do something nice for themselves, and so many other things that we know we should do but don't. How do you stay motivated to do what you know you should for your mind, body, spirit connection?
I have thought about this a lot and there are a few things that I do to make my transition to a healthier and more holistic lifestyle. Try some of these, they will help!
Start your day in a positive way ...stay away from negativity
- Listen to uplifting music, play music that is fun and gives you joy
- Affirmations! I will not do without them! Start saying them everyday especially when you feel demotivated. They will get you going.
- Find a friend (your hope carried) that will keep you up when you are feeling down and demotivated THEN, CALL THEM!!
- "This too shall pass" when you are feeling demotivated know that this will not last ...recognizing this will begin to get you out of that mood
- Start writing...journaling is such a great way to get out what you are feeling. Don't hang on to those demotivating thoughts get them out, write them down and move on feeling better and ready to kick some butt!
- Think about what will happen if you stay demotivated....NOTHING remember why you started this journey in the first place to make a change in your life for the better
- Find your sticky notes - put sticky notes of scripture, affirmations, quotes that motivate and inspire you. Put them in places where you look everyday. When that down and demotivating moment comes FIND THE STICKY NOTES AND READ THEM!
- Go to your happy place...in your mind. Visualize your wellness goals and see yourself accomplishing each one. See yourself as a success already and then get motivated to do what you need to do to make it happen.
- Get out of you and go help someone else. If you stop and get quiet God will direct you to someone who needs your help. Helping others always gets you out of a funk and the bonus is you feel better about you.